Fraud Detection & Prevention
Your customers are using more channels and demanding more services while criminals are evolving and seeking to exploit your weakest link. We fight these challenges by combining our expertise with AI and the latest technologies.
The IMTF RegTech fraud detection & prevention engine is providing outstanding results in a broad range of situations such as enterprise payment fraud, internal fraud analytics, and other real-time detections. Our engine uses a combination of advanced analytics, dynamic profiling and machine learning (AI) to build highly accurate dynamic profiles (customer, employee, …) to monitor any transaction in real-time. The IMTF engine also includes – in contrast to most other providers – a very advanced entity resolution and matching function, that is capable to identify deviations from these profiles with high precision – reducing dramatically false positives.
Suspicious transactions are blocked in real-time and alerts automatically sent via messaging and to the ACM Case Manager to the appropriate staff for swift resolution.
Digital Banking Fraud
Your customers demand faster transaction and payment times, but you are fearful of fraudsters who exploit vulnerabilities created by the evolving digital banking environment. Implementing multiple systems designed to fight aspects of fraud can, in turn, lead to more challenges than just fraud losses, including operational inefficiencies, inconsistent decision making, technology adoption challenges and customer disruption.
Financial loss and reputational damage from negative employee activity represent a threat. Identify employee collusion, fraud, and non-compliant behaviors and then build appropriate investigation cases against employees while ensuring effective asset protection for the bank and your customers.
Banking environments vary and the ability for you to solve fraud problems is specific to the payment types your institution offers. Our Payment Fraud offerings have been developed to protect any payment type such
Regardless of whether it’s an established or an emerging payment type that you are trying to protect, we help you gain a holistic view of the customer, drive operational efficiency, and gain richer decision making to improve customer satisfaction without sacrificing fraud protection.
The Fraud Detection & Prevention Module of the RegTech platform encompasses all customer- and product-related risks and creates adequate business- and customer-related security systems. Alerts are available in the ACM Case Management for investigation and resolution. With the Customer360 option, we provide an overall view on the risk situation.
What the IMTF Fraud Detection & Prevention Solution offers:
Easy integration with all banking systems (Core, CRM, HR, etc.) through standardized data interfaces
Coverage of all statutory requirements such as KYC / Customer Due Diligence
100% audit-proof / full audit trail
Full check of account holders, contracts, payments, and other events (e.g. frequent change of address)
Best-practice scenarios from a large number of customer installations
Multi-client/lingual user interfaces
Rule editor for flexible adjustment and extension of check scenarios and risk classifications in a user interface
Digital Banking Fraud
IMTF’s Fraud Detection & Prevention solution helps to detect and prevent the full range of attack vectors – including phishing and malware that target end users and account takeovers perpetrated by criminals – responsible for the majority of online, mobile and cross-channel fraud.
The IMTF solution provides robust fraud prevention and Case Management capabilities for card issuers, acquirers, processors and retailers across all card products.
- Uniquely processes high-volumes of transactions in real-time to accurately and efficiently prevent fraudulent card transactions.
- Leverages consortium-based analytical models to detect twice as much fraud, according to client benchmarks.
- Instantly modify fraud scenarios to adapt to customer needs – such as restricting activity types, addressing travel notifications or approving a one-time high value purchase – to prevent fraud strategies from executing on expected patterns of behavior.
- Leverage multi-entity behavioral profiling and predictive calculated variables to significantly reduce false positive rates and provide a high level of early anomaly detection.
- Streamline all aspects of fraud investigations with proven workflow and investigative capabilities via a single user-friendly interface for managing alerts, case development, investigations, chargebacks, regulatory reporting (e.g. SAFE, FRS), loss management, oversight, and more.
- Create fraud, rule performance and operational performance metrics with simple drop-down menu/plain language query capabilities ensuring complete access to comprehensive management information and business intelligence for any given period of time.
Our module detects and prevents commercial payments fraud with high-volume, real-time, cross-channel transaction monitoring, alerting and blocking:
- Improve fraud detection with analytical models specifically designed to handle the behavioral profiling challenges of commercial and wholesale payments. Achieve high levels of fraud detection accuracy while maintaining throughput performance with the proven capability to process hundreds of transactions per second.
- Process 100% of transactions in real time to meet emerging requirements for real-time money transfers such as the UK’s Faster Payments initiative. Block fraudulent transactions in real time and stop losses before they occur.
- Deploy rapidly and detect fraud immediately with pre-built connectors to major payment systems such as SWIFT. Customize out-of-the-box detection models and workflows and create new policy rules without IT involvement, to address evolving needs and minimize maintenance costs. Realize a quick return on investment as proven by one client that achieved full ROI in less than 3 months.
Internal Threats / Employee Surveillance
The IMTF solution offers comprehensive coverage for all common Employee Fraud problems such as policy violations, embezzlement, theft of customer or bank assets and / or theft of customer data.
- Monitor employees, accounts, and transactions in real-time and apply profiles at multiple levels (employee, account, transaction and more) to optimize fraud detection. Identify fraud attacks on banking clients from individual or rings of employees.
- Advanced phase-based analytics generate a smaller number of high-value alerts and lower false positives ensuring investigators focus on highest risk activities without creating a regulatory or operational burden caused by too many alerts.
- Automate and support the entire fraud management process from detection and alert review to investigation, resolution and oversight. Establish the required records for case resolution and/or prosecution with transaction-level auditing and customizable documentation capabilities.
- Leverage web-based tools and an open technology platform to add or modify detection logic and create new policy rules, keeping pace with evolving business and regulatory needs. (Achieve compliance with OOC, SEC, FSA and other national, regional or global regulatory authorities and regulations.)
Our Fraud Detection & Prevention Solution allows all relevant business units to act swiftly, independently, and:
Maintain central control for coordination and collaboration
Leverage existing infrastructure
Fast turnaround times for responding to new fraud types
Empower fraud management group and reduce reliance on IT
"IMTF Fraud Detection & Prevention Solution combines sophisticated data mining techniques, complex event processing, correlations and endpoint cyber-attack protection. Fraudulent and suspicious behavior patterns of both clients and employees are analyzed in real-time. The monitoring of internal and external activities allows a comprehensive detection of fraud. Our complete and comprehensive end-to-end solutions help organizations cope with fraud risk and reduce revenue losses."
– Valeriy Voditchenski